Campsite Le Rotja is a cosy family campsite managed by Dutch owners. The Mediterranean climate, its location near the Canigou-massif and the cosy atmosphere at the campsite provide a wonderful place for a holiday.
The campsite has free Wi-Fi, a swimming pool and a range of leisure activities. There are fresh rolls available in the morning and in the evening you can dine at the restaurant where alternating dishes like BBQ, mussels, pastas and pizzas are being served at a reasonable rate. They announce in advance what is on that evening’s menu. If it is to your taste then you can sign yourself up to join in and enjoy the unlimited feast of that night’s menu.
The campsite is located in a beautiful tranquil area where you can make great outings. You can not only take a dive in the campsite’s pool but also in the countryside a few kilometers from the campsite.
Outings like visiting picturesque villages, fishing, hiking and cycling can all be done in the vicinity of the campsite. The Pyrenees Mountains are a well worth visit but so is the Mediterranean Sea which is just an hour drive away from the campsite.
If you do not mind to drive a little further then you can also visit Andorra or Barcelona. Shopping in Andorra is worthwhile since the microstate has different tax rules. It lays approximately 100 kilometers from the campsite and is therefore reachable within an hour and a half drive. The well-known and renowned city Barcelona lays 200 kilometers from the campsite and is reachable within a three hour drive
The Dutch campsite owners run the campsite for over 15 years. They know all the beautiful spots to visit in the area and regularly organize excursions to them, however if you would like to explore it yourself then they are more than happy to help you out!
- WiFi (free)
- Swimming pool with toddler pool
- Restaurant (with daily changing menu)
- Snack bar
- Fresh roll service
- Playground equipment
- Table tennis
- Jeu de Boules
- Canyoning, Rafting, Tubing, Rock Climbing, diverse
- Villefranche-de-Confluent, vestingstadje, 4 km
- Grottes des Canalettes, 4 km
- Le Train Jaune, mooie tocht met een openluchttrein, 4 km
- Vernet-les-Bains, gezellig dorpje met geneeskrachtige bronnen, 9 km
- Abdij van Saint Martin de Canigou, 10 km
- Mont Canigou, wandelen, 4×4 of te paard, 10 km
- Dierenpark Casteil, 10 km
- Gorges de la Carança, avontuurlijk wandelen, 20 km
- Les Bains de Saint Thomas, 25 km
- Lac des Bouillouses, 47 km
- Perpignan, hoofdstad van de Catalaanse cultuur, 55 km
- Aqualand Saint Cyprien, 67 km
- Les Gorges de la Fou, 70 km
- Collioure, kunstenaarsdorpje aan de Middellandse zee, 76 km