Foreman tentSail maker / Tent Builder
Vodatent has been renting out safari tents since 2014 and, with over 1000 accommodations in more than ten different countries, has become one of the largest glamping companies in the Netherlands. Glamping (glamorous camping) is the fastest growing form of turnkey camping that is in increasing demand. With our own brand Safarilodgetent we supply about 200 safari tents per year, we are also dealer of Yala Canvas Lodges, Europe's largest manufacturer of glamping tents.
What will you do?
As a foreman tarpaulin maker/tent builder you work with a team of tent builders at campsites where we install new safari tents. As a foreman you are the contact person for the campsite where you are building, you manage the construction team and you yourself also build.
You are ultimately responsible for the delivery of our new projects. With your company bus you are often working on campsites. If the travel distance from home is too great to drive back and forth, you will receive board and lodging at the campsite where you are building. In the weekends you are free, except for a few projects per year that have to be built outside the Benelux.
You work a lot of hours in the spring so you have a lot of time off in the summer. In the fall there are many maintenance jobs on tents and you visit our locations for small tent repairs such as cleaning/repairing canvas and zippers. As a foreman you will work a lot with our tents and think about improvements to products to improve our quality and streamline processes.
What we ask
- Two right hands is not a luxury with this job. We place many tents with plumbing. If you are not handy this is not a job for you!
- You have experience with sail-making and can, for example, repair a zipper in a tent, a clip that is loose or a hole in a window independently. Experience with this is a must. We now hire a company to do this work but would like to do it ourselves. We don't have the knowledge and experience to do this ourselves so if you don't have this experience apply is useless.
- Furthermore you like to be away from home a lot and as a foreman you are able to manage and motivate a team.
What we offer
- A varied full-time position within a fun organization and a company bus.
- Competitive salary and regular board and lodging at campsites where you build tents.
- You will work in a small, young team where there is plenty of room for socializing. You will receive direct supervision from experienced colleagues who will help you learn new things and find your way within our organization.